Location: Port-au-Prince and throughout Haiti.
Events: Due to ongoing protests, road blocks and other violent incidents, movements of U.S. Embassy personnel continue to be restricted to home to work, between the two residential U.S. Embassy compounds and the Chancery, as well as mission critical travel to the airport.
Actions to take:
- Review your personal security plans;
- Monitor local media for updates;
- Notify friends and family of your safety;
- Avoid the area;
- Avoid demonstrations and any large gatherings of people;
- Do not attempt to drive through roadblocks; and
- If you encounter a roadblock, turn around and get to a safe area.
- U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Tabarre 41, Route de Tabarre
Non-emergency inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact the State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 toll-free from the United States and Canada
1-202-501-4444 from other countries
Haiti Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter