Events: There is an ongoing security situation in Petionville, in the vicinity of St. Peter’s church and Giant supermarket in Port-au-Prince. Please avoid unnecessary travel in this area at this time. The US Embassy is restricting non official travel of its staff from travel in this area.
Actions to take:
- Avoid the area;
- Avoid demonstrations and any large gatherings of people;
- Do not attempt to drive through roadblocks; and
- If you encounter a roadblock, turn around and get to a safe area.
- U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Tabarre 41, Route de Tabarre
Non-emergency inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact the State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 toll-free from the United States and Canada
1-202-501-4444 from other countries
- Haiti Country Information
- Enroll in theSmart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us onFacebook and Twitter