Location: Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Events: The political opposition group “Pitit Dessalinnes” intends to demonstrate on February 5th, 2021 beginning in Champ de Mars and ending in front of the U.S. Embassy. Additionally, opposition leaders have called for a nationwide protest on February 7th, 2021. The US Embassy will restrict non official travel of its direct-hire US Citizens staff to the immediate Embassy area. Please remain vigilant as large gatherings of this sort, while largely peaceful, can become unpredictable. Please avoid unnecessary travel in this area during this time.
Actions to take:
- Avoid the area;
- Avoid demonstrations and any large gatherings of people;
- Do not attempt to drive through roadblocks; and
- If you encounter a roadblock, turn around and get to a safe area.
- U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Tabarre 41, Route de Tabarre
Non-emergency inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact the State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs
- 1-888-407-4747 toll-free from the United States and Canada
1-202-501-4444 from other countries
- Haiti Country Information
- Enroll in theSmart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us onFacebook and Twitter