Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Port-Au-Prince (March 27, 2020)
Event: The U.S. Embassy in Haiti continues to work closely with the State Department Repatriation Task Force to assist U.S. citizens who wish to depart Haiti, while observing the Haitian Government’s measures to contain the spread of COVID-19.
Eastern Air has been authorized to operate a flight from Port au Prince to the United States on Monday, March 30. Complete information on schedules, pricing and how to book are available at https://goeasternair.com/.
American citizens who wish to return to the United States should plan to do so immediately. At present, commercial and direct charter airlines are authorized to operate flights to the United States from Haiti only until Monday, March 30. The U.S. Embassy is not aware of any flights from Haiti to the United States after that date or if any flights will be authorized in the future. U.S. citizens who hold tickets for flights to the United States after March 30 should immediately contact the issuing airline to verify the status of their flight. U.S. citizens who do not return to the United States while commercial or commercially available charter flights are available should be prepared to remain in Haiti for an indefinite period.
As always, the U.S. Embassy urges U.S. citizens to enroll at STEP.state.gov to receive emergency updates from the Embassy and should monitor the Embassy website and Twitter feed for up-to-date information.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Haiti.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince, Haiti Tabarre 41, Route de Tabarre
- Contact the State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs