Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Port-Au-Prince (March 26, 2020)
The U.S. Embassy in Haiti continues to work closely with the State Department Repatriation Task Force to assist U.S. citizens who wish to depart Haiti, while observing the Haitian Government’s measures to contain the spread of COVID-19.
JetBlue has been authorized to operate a limited number of flights from Port au Prince to the United States on Friday, March 27. JetBlue and Eastern Airlines are also operating flights to the United States today (March 26). Complete information on schedules, pricing and how to book are available at https://www.jetblue.com/ and https://goeasternair.com/.
It is not known at this time if airlines will be authorized additional flights after these dates. Where commercial departure options remain available, U.S. citizens should arrange for immediate return to the United States, unless they are prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period.
As always, the U.S. Embassy urges U.S. citizens to enroll at STEP.state.gov to receive emergency updates from the Embassy and should monitor the Embassy website and Twitter feed for up-to-date information.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Haiti.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince, Haiti Tabarre 41, Route de Tabarre
- Contact the State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs