Several hundred U.S. citizens were able to depart Haiti and return to the United States on commercial and direct charter flights with American and Eastern Airlines March 23 and 24.
JetBlue and Eastern are authorized to operate flights from Port au Prince to the United States on 3/25 and 3/26. Complete information on schedules, pricing and how to book are available at https://www.jetblue.com/ and https://goeasternair.com/
It is not known at this time if airlines will be authorized additional flights after these dates. Where commercial departure options remain available, U.S. citizens should arrange for immediate return to the United States, unless they are prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period.
As always, the U.S. Embassy urges U.S. citizens to enroll at STEP.state.gov to receive emergency updates from the Embassy and should monitor the Embassy website and Twitter feed for up-to-date information.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Haiti.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince, Haiti Tabarre 41, Route de Tabarre
- Emergencies: +509-2229-8000
- Non-emergency inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.orgWebsite: https://ht.usembassy.gov/
Contact the State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs