Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Port-Au-Prince (March 30, 2020)
The U.S. Embassy in Port-au-Prince continues to work diligently to assist U.S. citizens in Haiti who wish to return to the United States during this time. To aid these efforts, we have a created a new public facing mailbox in order to address your concerns. For all queries related to returning to the United States, please email PortauPrinceUSCitizen@state.gov.
Your email message should include the following information:
- Your full name as spelled in your passport
- Information we can use to contact you now – a current phone number and email address.
- Your date of birth (MM/DD/YYYY)
- Your passport number, and its date of issuance and expiration. If it is not a U.S. passport, please note the country that issued it. Please also note any non-U.S. citizen immediate family members traveling with you.
- Please note your current location (city and country) and any special needs you may have, such as medical issues.
At this time, U.S. citizens who wish to return to the United States should contact commercial airlines directly to make travel arrangements. The U.S. Embassy urges U.S. citizens to enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program at step.state.gov to receive emergency updates from the Embassy and should monitor the Embassy website and Twitter feed for up-to-date information.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Haiti.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Tabarre 41, Route de Tabarre
Non-emergency inquiries: email@example.com
- Contact the State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 toll-free from the United States and Canada
1-202-501-4444 from other countries
- Haiti Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter