Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Port-Au-Prince (March 30, 2020)
Event: Effective March 19, U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince has suspended all non-emergency consular services. You may reschedule for a later date when it becomes available in the online scheduling system: https://evisaforms.state.gov/Instructions/ACSSchedulingSystem.asp.
For emergency American Citizens Services, including emergency passports, please visit our website for additional information https://ht.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/passports/. You may also contact the American Citizen Services Unit (ACS) by phone at 509-2229-8900 or by email at ACSPAP@state.gov.
The U.S. Embassy is not aware of any flights from Haiti to the United States after March 30, or if any flights will be authorized in the future. U.S. citizens who do not return to the United States while commercial or commercially available charter flights are available may be forced to remain outside of the United States for an indefinite period.
For all queries related to returning to the United States, please email PortauPrinceUSCitizen@state.gov
Your email message should include the following information:
- Your full name as spelled in your passport
- Information we can use to contact you now – a current phone number and email address.
- Your date of birth (MM/DD/YYYY)
- Your passport number, and its date of issuance and expiration. If it is not a U.S. passport, please note the country that issued it. Please also note any non-U.S. citizen immediate family members traveling with you.
- Please note your current location (city and country) and any special needs you may have, such as medical issues.
As always, the U.S. Embassy urges U.S. citizens to enroll at STEP.state.gov to receive emergency updates from the Embassy and should monitor the Embassy website and Twitter feed for up-to-date information.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Haiti.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince, Haiti Tabarre 41, Route de Tabarre
- Contact the State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs
- 1-888-407-4747 toll-free from the United States and Canada
- 1-202-501-4444 from other countries