Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Port-Au-Prince (March 23, 2020)
Event: To assist U.S. citizens experiencing unexpected flight cancellations in Haiti, Eastern Airlines (a private company) has the permission of the Haitian government to operate direct charter commercial flights departing Haiti. Passengers must book and be ticketed directly with the airline at https://goeasternair.com/. The U.S. Embassy in Haiti reminds potential travelers that Eastern Airlines is privately-owned, and that the cost of tickets on direct charter flights may be higher than standard commercial fares.
Please be advised that travelers are also responsible for any arrangements or costs (i.e. lodging, onward destination or local transportation, etc.) upon their arrival in the United States.
The U.S. Embassy in Haiti continues to work closely with the State Department Repatriation Task Force to assist U.S. citizens who wish to depart Haiti, while observing the Haitian Government’s measures to contain the spread of COVID-19.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Haiti.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States