Events: JetBlue Airways has been authorized to operate flights from Port-au-Prince to Fort Lauderdale, Florida and Port-au-Prince to New York City (JFK) on Friday, June 26. Complete information on schedules, pricing and how to book are available at https://www.jetblue.com.
U.S. citizens should work directly with the relevant airline to make reservations and purchase tickets. Passengers do not require boarding letters or other permission from the U.S. Embassy to make reservations or purchase airline tickets. As these flights are operated by commercial airlines, it is solely up to the airline to manage reservations and ticketing. The U.S. Embassy has no role in determining who may purchase a ticket and does not provide boarding letters to individuals who wish to purchase airline tickets.
U.S. citizens who wish to return to the United States should plan to do so immediately. U.S. citizens who do not return to the United States while commercial or commercially available charter flights are available may be forced to remain outside of the United States for an indefinite period.
For U.S. citizens who wish to travel to Port-au-Prince from Cap Haitien: Sunrise Airways is currently operating flights between Cap Haitien and Port-au-Prince. Complete information on schedules, pricing and how to book are available at https://sunriseairways.net. They can also be contacted by phone at +509 2811 2222
The U.S. Embassy in Haiti reminds all potential travelers that commercial airlines are privately-owned, and that the costs of flights may be higher than standard commercial fares during this time. All passengers are responsible for paying the cost of their flights, as well as any other costs incurred upon their arrival in the United States (transportation, lodging, etc.)
As always, the U.S. Embassy urges U.S. citizens to enroll at STEP.state.gov to receive emergency updates from the Embassy and should monitor the Embassy website and Twitter feed for up-to-date information.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Haiti.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince, Haiti Tabarre 41, Boulevard du 15 Octobre
Non-emergency inquiries: Email: email@example.com
Contact the State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747<tel:1-888-407-4747> toll-free from the United States and Canada
1-202-501-4444<tel:1-202-501-4444> from other countries
Haiti Country Information
Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates