Event: As of April 18, 2022, the Haitian government put new COVID-19 requirements in place. The Haitian Ministry of Public Health and Population (MSPP) announced that fully vaccinated individuals will no longer need to present a negative COVID-19 antigen or PCR test taken within 72 hours of travel. However, the testing requirement will remain in place for unvaccinated individuals. These requirements are for all air passengers 12 years of age and older bound for Haiti from a foreign country. The new requirement does not apply to children under the age of 11.
Please be advised that there has been no change to COVID-19 entry requirements for the United States. Regardless of vaccination status or nationality, individuals coming to the United States must show a negative pre-departure COVID-19 viral test taken the day before they board their flight to the United States. You must show your negative result to the airline before you board your flight.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for country-specific information related to COVID-19.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions, including potential COVID vaccine or testing requirements for countries you are transiting through.
- Visit the Embassy’s COVID-19 page for more information on COVID-19 in Haiti.
- U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Tabarre 41, Route de Tabarre
Non-emergency inquiries: email@example.com
- Contact the State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 toll-free from the United States and Canada
1-202-501-4444 from other countries
- Haiti Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.