Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Port-Au-Prince (April 6, 2020)
Eastern Airlines has been authorized to operate a flight from Port au Prince to the United States on Thursday, April 09. Complete information on schedules, pricing and how to book are available at https://goeasternair.com/.
American citizens who wish to return to the United States should plan to do so immediately. The U.S. Embassy is not aware of any flights from Haiti to the United States after April 09 or if any flights will be authorized in the future. U.S. citizens who do not return to the United States while commercial or commercially available charter flights are available may be forced to remain outside of the United States for an indefinite period.
The U.S. Embassy in Haiti reminds all potential travelers that commercial airlines are privately-owned, and that the costs of flights may be higher than standard commercial fares during this time. All passengers are responsible for paying the cost of their flights, as well as any other costs incurred upon their arrival in the United States (transportation, lodging, etc.)
For all queries related to returning to the United States, please email PortauPrinceUSCitizen@state.gov.
Your email message should include the following information:
- Your full name as spelled in your passport.
- Information we can use to contact you now – a current phone number and email address.
- Your date of birth (MM/DD/YYYY)
- Your passport number, and its date of issuance and expiration. If it is not a U.S. passport, please note the country that issued it.
- The full name, date of birth and passport number of all U.S. citizens traveling with you. Please also note any non-U.S. citizen immediate family members who wish to accompany you.
- Please note your current location (city and country) and any special needs you may have, such as medical issues.
As always, the U.S. Embassy urges U.S. citizens to enroll at STEP.state.gov to receive emergency updates from the Embassy and should monitor the Embassy website and Twitter feed for up-to-date information.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Haiti.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince, Haiti Tabarre 41, Boulevard du 15 Octobre
Non-emergency inquiries: Email: email@example.com.
- Website: https://ht.usembassy.gov/
- Contact the State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 toll-free from the United States and Canada
1-202-501-4444 from other countries
- Haiti Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter