Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Port-Au-Prince (April 29, 2020)
The U.S. Embassy in Port-au-Prince continues to work diligently to assist U.S. citizens in Haiti who wish to return to the United States during this time.
There are currently no confirmed commercial flights from Haiti to the United States. U.S. citizens in Haiti who still wish to return to the United States can email PortauPrinceUSCitizen@state.gov.
Your email message should include the following information:
- Your full name as spelled in your passport.
- Information we can use to contact you now – a current phone number and email address.
- Your date of birth (MM/DD/YYYY)
- Your passport number, and its date of issuance and expiration. If it is not a U.S. passport, please note the country that issued it.
- The full name, date of birth and passport number of all U.S. citizens traveling with you. Please also note any non-U.S. citizen immediate family members who wish to accompany you.
- Please note your current location (city and country) and any special needs you may have, such as medical issues.
If a commercial airline is authorized to operate a flight to the United States, the U.S. Embassy will alert the U.S. citizen community as quickly as possible. Please understand that authorization for these flights is often granted with less than 48 hours notice. Please take this into account when making travel plans, especially if you are not in Port-au-Prince.
For U.S. citizens who wish to travel to Port-au-Prince from Cap Haitien: Sunrise Airways is currently operating flights between Cap Haitien and Port-au-Prince. Complete information on schedules, pricing and how to book are available at https://sunriseairways.net. They can also be contacted by phone at +509 2811 2222.
The U.S. Embassy urges U.S. citizens to enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program at step.state.gov to receive emergency updates from the Embassy and should monitor the Embassy website and Twitter feed for up-to-date information.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19for information on conditions in Haiti.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince, Haiti Tabarre 41, Route de Tabarre
Non-emergency inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact the State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 toll-free from the United States and Canada
1-202-501-4444 from other countries
- Haiti Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter