Event:The U.S. Embassy in Port-au-Prince continues to work diligently to assist U.S. citizens in Haiti who wish to return to the United States during this time.
When flights are available, U.S. citizens should work directly with the relevant airline to make reservations and purchase tickets. Passengers do not require boarding letters or other permission from the U.S. Embassy to make reservations or purchase airline tickets. As these flights are operated by commercial airlines, it is solely up to the airline to manage reservations and ticketing. The U.S. Embassy has no role in determining who may purchase a ticket and does not provide boarding letters to individuals who wish to purchase airline tickets.
For U.S. Citizens who wish to enter Haiti: The U.S. Embassy in Haiti has no role in determining whether an individual may travel to or enter Haiti. Questions about Haiti’s entry/exit requirements should be directed to the nearest Haitian Embassy or Consulate, a list of which can be found here: http://www.haiti.org/consular-offices/
The U.S. Embassy will alert the U.S. citizen community as quickly as possible through the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) about flights that have been authorized by the Haitian Government. U.S. citizens should not rely solely on STEP alerts for information about commercial flights to the United States. Airlines may make seats available for purchase before flight authorization is received from Haitian authorities. In addition, seating capacity on flights may be limited to maintain social distancing, to protect the health of passengers and crew. This may result in flights selling out before or shortly after STEP alerts are sent. Please continue to regularly check flight availability with the airlines directly at www.jetblue.com; www.spirit.com; www.aa.com and www.goeasternair.com.
If you have a reservation that has been cancelled: All questions regarding flight cancellations or other changes to your flight should be directed to the airline.
The U.S. Embassy urges U.S. citizens to enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program at step.state.gov to receive emergency updates from the Embassy. U.S. citizens in Haiti should also monitor the Embassy website and Twitter feed for up-to-date information.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Haiti.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince, Haiti Tabarre 41, Route de Tabarre
- Emergencies: +509-2229-8000
- Non-emergency inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: https://ht.usembassy.gov/
- Contact the State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs
- 1-888-407-4747 toll-free from the United States and Canada
- 1-202-501-4444 from other countries
- Haiti Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates