Demonstration Alert: US Embassy Port-au-Prince, Haiti (July 7, 2018)
Location: Port-au-Prince, Haiti.
Event: Due to continuing demonstrations, roadblocks, and violence across Port-au-Prince, as well as short staffing at the airports, embassy personnel have been instructed to re-book any flights originally scheduled for Sunday, July 8. Embassy personnel are still under a shelter-in-place order. We note that several airlines have cancelled flights into and out of Port au Prince today. The embassy will continue to monitor the situation.
Actions to take:
– Shelter in place. Do not attempt to travel at this time.
– Avoid protests and any large gathering of people.
– Do not attempt to drive through roadblocks.
– If you encounter a roadblock, turn around and get to a safe area.
– State Department – Consular Affairs: 1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
– Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)
– Follow us on Facebook and Twitter at @TravelGov