Location: Port-au-Prince, Haiti.
Event: Due to continuing demonstrations, roadblocks, and violence across Port-au-Prince, as well as short staffing at the airports, Embassy personnel have been instructed to rebook any flights originally scheduled for today, July 7. Embassy personnel are still under a Shelter in Place order. We note that several airlines have cancelled flights into Port-au-Prince this morning, which will also impede the ability to provide outgoing flights. The Embassy will continue to monitor the situation.
Actions to Take:
• Shelter in place. Do not attempt to travel at this time.
• Avoid protests and any large gathering of people.
• Do not attempt to drive through roadblocks.
• If you encounter a roadblock, turn around and get to a safe area.
• U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince
• State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
• Haiti Country Information
• Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
• Follow us on Facebook and Twitter