Location: Port-au-Prince, Haiti.
Event: Due to continuing demonstrations, roadblocks, and violence across Port-au-Prince, the Embassy is prohibiting all non-emergency travel into Haiti by its employees. All other Embassy personnel are still under a Shelter in Place order.
Actions to Take:
· Contact your family to keep them informed of your welfare and whereabouts.
· Shelter in place.
· Avoid protests and any large gathering of people.
· Do not attempt to drive through roadblocks.
· If you encounter a roadblock, turn around and get to a safe area.
· State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
· Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates