The U.S. Embassy in Haiti continues to work closely with the State Department Repatriation Task Force to assist U.S. citizens who wish to depart Haiti, while observing the Haitian Government’s measures to contain the spread of COVID-19.
Eastern Airlines (a private company) has the permission of the Haitian government to operate repatriation flights for American citizens wishing to depart Haiti and has scheduled additional flights for Thursday, March 26. These are direct charter commercial flights, for which passengers must book and be ticketed directly with the airline. Complete information, including the scheduled times, costs and ticketing information can be found on the Eastern Airlines website at: https://goeasternair.com/.
Travelers should be prepared to present proof that they have purchased a ticket to be allowed entry to the Toussaint Louverture Airport in Port-au-Prince. Please also understand that luggage is limited to only four bags per passenger.
The U.S. Embassy urges U.S. citizens to enroll at STEP.state.gov to receive emergency updates from the Embassy and should monitor the Embassy website and Twitter feed for up-to-date information.
Actions to take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Haiti.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince, Haiti Tabarre 41, Route de Tabarre
- Contact the State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs
- Haiti Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter